Practical and roomy, Fringante is a toiletry bag for everyone ! The pattern offers 2 options to carry your toiletry bag : 1 side handle for a sporty style or 2 handles for a sophisticated style.
Fringante, a unisex toiletry bag with 4 pockets
Roomy and practical
Fringante is a practical and roomy toiletry bag
Fringante dimensions are : width 25 cm (9 7/8″) x height 15 cm (5 7/8″) x depth 9 cm (3 1/2″).
In addition to its roomy interior, Fringante has 4 pockets to organize your items:
- 2 zippered pockets outside,
- 2 clear zippered pockets inside to easily find the smallest items in your toiletry bag !
And since, as we says in French, “who can do the most can do the least”, it’s easy to make the toiletry bag with only 3, 2, 1 or no pocket if you prefer! Simply ignore the steps for the pockets you don’t want.
In the following photos you’ll see an example of what can fit inside the toiletry bag, without filling the outer pockets where you’ll be able to add toothbrush, toothpaste,…
For everyone to use
Fringante is a unisex toiletry bag !
It’s easy to adapt Fringante to personal tastes depending on the fabrics and prints you choose, and in addition 2 options are available in the pattern to carry your toiletry bag:
- 1 side handle for a sporty style.
- 2 handles for a sophisticated style.
The ideal fabric to sew Fringante
The ideal outer fabric to sew the Fringante toiletry bag pattern is polyester canvas. It’s a thin synthetic fabric, resistant, water repellent AND easy to sew.
I highly recommend it, especially for beginners. As the pattern is an intermediate-advanced level, it’s best not to add difficulties by choosing a more complicated fabric to sew, such as vinyl or faux-leather for example,… at least to sew your 1st Fringante.
You will find below pics of 3 toiletry bags sewn in polyester canvas.
Fringante vinyl and cotton – 2 handles option
- Blue “Bellissimo” vinyl for the body and the bottom. The Bellissimo vinyl is nice to sew, it doesn’t stick to the presser foot too much, but it is a bit thick, so pair it with a thinner fabric for the outer pockets, like I did here, by using quilting cotton.
- Quilting cotton “Sewing Sorrows” by Alexander Henry for the outer pockets. I interfaced the cotton with 1 layer of medium weight woven fusible interfacing (Vlieseline/Vilene G700) and applied 1 coat of Odicoat.
- The lining is a ginkgo leaves printed cotton.
Fringante Denim and vinyl – 1 side handle option
- Denim fabric.
- Brown “Prisme” Vinyl.
- The lining is a quilting cotton : “Anchor Party” by Poppy.
Fringante polyester canvas and coated cotton – 2 handles option
- Black polyester canvas for the body and the bottom.
- Coated cotton “Poppies grey” by Eloïse Renouf for the outer pockets and the lining, no interfacing used.
- Decorative rivets on the handles. You’ll find a tip about this in the instructions.
Fringante polyester canvas – 1 side handle option
- White polyester canvas.
- Red polyester canvas.
- Lining is a Star Wars print quilting cotton.
- No interfacing.
Fringante polyester canvas – 2 handles option
- Black polyester canvas.
- Purple polyester canvas.
- The lining is a floral print quilting cotton, no interfacing used.
Fringante Vinyl and cotton – 1 side handle option
- Brown vinyl / faux-leather.
- For the outer pockets : quilting cotton “Menswear Moustaches Black” par Timeless Treasures. I interfaced this cotton with 1 layer of medium weight woven fusible interfacing (Vlieseline/Vilene G700) and applied 1 coat of Odicoat.
Some of your “Fringante” toiletry bags
These are the latest toiletry bags sewn by you, using the Fringante pattern.
You can view more here on Pinterest.
The testers DreamTeam sewed over 30 toiletry bags during the test of the pattern !
Thanks to Camille Camille M’craft, Caro Folies de Cajumy, Chantal Chantal New Style, Cyrielle Les mains en l’air, Dado Dado Créa, Evelyne l’Atelier d’Eve, Julia J. Atelier 24, Manu Les Créas d’Ema, Marina l’Atelier créatif de Marina, Marion Mes CreAJe, Nicole L’atelier d’Au, O’Kryn O’Kryn Prod, Rozenn Petit monde de Rozenn, Sophie Epik and Laurence, Guylaine and Anne La Mercerie des Créateurs.
Thanks also to Maria aka Velosews for proofreading the English version of the instructions.
Buy the Fringante toiletry bag pattern
Needed supplies are listed there.
This pattern is available as a downloadable pdf only. Help page.