Practical, Polka is a zippered compact feminine bag. The Polka bag pattern includes 2 sizes.
Polka, a feminine, zippered and compact bag
Polka is a zippered compact feminine bag, practical in daily life !
Compact, Polka is also practical with its large front zippered opening and 4 pockets.
2 outer pockets: one patch pocket with closing flap on the front, and one zippered pocket on the back.
2 pockets in the lining: one patch pocket that can be divided, and one zippered pocket.
The darts give the bag a little volume, while retaining its slender profile.
With its adjustable shoulder strap you can chose to carry the bag over the shoulder or across the torso.
The pattern includes 2 sizes : Small and Medium. The pictures below will help you visualize the dimensions of these sizes.
- Polka Small : width 23 cm (9″) (narrowest part) to 26 cm (10 1/4″) (widest part) x height 24 cm (9 1/4″)
- Polka Medium : width 28 cm (11″) (narrowest part) to 31 cm (12 1/4″) (widest part) x height 29 cm (11 3/8″)
Polka Small in cork
- Outer fabric is a pink cork, not interfaced.
- Lining is a quilting cotton “Myosotis jaune”.
Polka Medium in suede
- Outer fabric is a taupe suede, not interfaced.
- Lining is a quilting cotton “Myosotis kaki”.
Polka Small in coated linen and Liberty
- Coated linen in duck blue, not interfaced.
- Front pocket in Liberty Mauvey Tana Lawn (cotton) with 2 layers of interfacing (Vlieseline/Vilene G700). I trimmed the seam allowance of 2nd layer of interfacing and applied it over the 1st layer, once it was cold. I applied one layer of Odicoat to protect the cotton fabric, after interfacing.
- Lining is a duck blue cotton with scales pattern.
The Polka bag worn
Carine is wearing the 2 sizes of the Polka bag. Carine is 1.58 m (5’2″) tall.
The bags are worn over the shoulder in the pics, but they can also be worn as crossbody bags, thanks to their adjustable shoulder strap.
Some of your Polka bags
These are the latest bags sewn by you, using the Polka bag pattern.
View more here on Pinterest.
To the testers DreamTeam : Camille Camille M’craft, Caro Folies de Cajumy, Chantal Chantal New Style, Dado Dado Créa, Julia J. Atelier 24, Manu Les Créas d’Ema, Marion Mes CreAJe, Nicole L’atelier d’Au, O’Kryn O’Kryn Prod, Rozenn Petit monde de Rozenn, Sophie Epik et Laurence, Guylaine and Anne La Mercerie des Créateurs.
Thanks also to Maria aka Velosews for proofreading the English version of the instructions and to Carine for modeling for the pictures.
Buy the Polka bag pattern
Needed supplies are listed on the “supplies” tabs.
This pattern is available as a downloadable pdf only. Help page.